Community Interaction Officers (CIO’s) help facilitate communication between the Police Department and the citizens of Kansas City. They encourage citizens to be actively involved in anti-crime efforts sponsored by the police department. They promote community support for the police department through positive interaction and partnerships with the community.
Community Interaction Officers meet with members of the community on a regular basis to address specific community problems and plausible solutions. They provide relevant information to target community concerns by providing monthly crime summary reports to residents through neighborhood associations regarding the incidents of criminal activity in their area. They provide crime alert information to the community, to include descriptions of suspects that are committing crimes in their area.
· Organize Neighborhood Associations, Block Watch programs & Neighborhood Crime Patrols
· Home & Business security assessments utilizing Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) & Basic Crime Prevention techniques
· Safety presentations such as self defense, property crimes prevention, identity theft, etc.
· Coordinate extra patrol requests
· Stranger Danger & Internet Safety programs
· Crime pattern alerts
· Conduct Patrol Station tours (groups only)
For more information on crime prevention or services contact your Community Interaction Officer.