|Community Interaction Officer
Master Patrol Officer Schriever is a 24-year veteran of the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department, serving the past 22 years assigned to the Central Patrol Division. M.P.O. Schriever works proactively with neighborhood associations and business groups to assist in improving the relationship and communications between the groups, and the police department. Due to his tenure and experience within the Central Patrol Division, M.P.O. Schriever is a great resource in helping the neighborhood and business community solve their concerns.
Some of the duties of the Community Interaction Officer include:
- Completes the Central Patrol Division Communicator that is sent to the e-mail addresses of over two hundred neighborhood and business organizations. The Communicator is used to alert citizens about crime patterns, crime prevention, safety tips and community events. Please contact your neighborhood association or business organization to receive your copy.
- Presents crime prevention programs that are aimed at stopping crime before it occurs. Crime prevention is one of the best, yet often over looked, methods at eliminating the opportunities criminals look for when they commit their offenses.
- Teaches personal safety designed to increase protection against crime. There are programs designed for neighborhood residents and business employees.
- Develops Block Watch programs in Central Patrol Division neighborhoods.
- Is a first-line contact between the community and the Central Patrol Division.
- Performs free residential and business security surveys.
- Completes the monthly schedule of neighborhood and business meetings.
If you wish to have a district officer attend your meeting, or if you have the need to have an officer perform a security check of your property, please contact M.P.O. Schriever at 816-759-6313 or 816-719-8350. Or you can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.