For four sandwiches (using a hot brick):
8 slices of whole grain sourdough bread
4 oz. pesto
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
3/4 lb. cooked chicken, sliced
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1/8 cup olive oil
1. Brush skillet and one side of bread with olive oil.
2. Place bread slice in skillet and spread pesto on topside of slice.
3. Load up bread slice with chicken, mozzarella & red peppers.
4. Spread pesto on 2nd slice of bread and brush topside with oil.
5. Place an oven-heated, foil-wrapped brick on top of sandwich.
6. Sear in skillet for 5 minutes, turning sandwich once.
7. Serve with a garden-fresh salad
|Marinade (combine): |
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp cumin
1 Chipotle pepper
Salt & pepper
1. Marinate 1 lb. chicken breast.
2. After marinating, sear chicken in a pan with 1 tsp canola oil.
3. Remove the chicken breasts & tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Add more canola oil to skillet, and saute’ until tender:
5. Remove chicken from foil tent, slice up and return to skillet.
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Juice of one lime
6. Salt & pepper to taste.
7. Serve with:
- 8 whole-grain tortillas
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese