Salt and pepper
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds and inner contents.
- Brush squash with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- While holding the squash with a hot pad, scoop out cooked squash.
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 lg. onion – chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 lg. tomatoes – diced
½ c. mozzarella cheese- shredded
¼ c. American Grana cheese – grated
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a large skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté until light brown and then add the crushed garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Sauté the tomato and onion mixture until the sauce reduces.
- Stir in the mozzarella and ½ of the American Grana cheese to the sauce.
- Spoon sauce over the spaghetti squash.
- Garnish with remaining American Grana cheese.
2-3 cups each of kale and California Cabbage
1 c. tomatoes – chopped
1 c. blueberries
½ c. red onion
½ c. carrots
½ c. cashews
½ c. sunflower seeds – shelled
- Chop kale and cabbage and put in bowl.
- Add blueberries, onion, carrots, cashews, and sunflower seeds and toss together,
½ c. olive oil
1/8 cup pomegranate juice
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, pour in olive oil, pomegranate juice, vinegar.
- Add Dijon mustard and whisk together.
- Add cayenne pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss before serving.