FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 19, 2009
Temporary street closures for SkillsUSA Conference
The City of Kansas City, Mo., Public Works Department is alerting motorists that temporary street and lane closures will take place on streets adjacent Municipal Auditorium from June 21-26, as the City welcomes the SkillsUSA National Leadership & Skills Conference.
Total street closures:
- 13th Street, between Wyandotte Street and Broadway Boulevard (opens June 26)
- Central Street, between 12th and 14th streets (opens June 26)
Curb lane and walk closures:
- Central Street between 14th and 16th streets
- 12th and 14th streets between Wyandotte Street and Broadway Boulevard
- Wyandotte Street between 12th and 16th streets
A map of the closure activity is available at http://www.kcmo.org/cimo.nsf/web/dtconst.
During the temporary closures, entrance to the Auditorium Plaza Garage will be limited to Wyandotte Street. Parkers will be able to exit on both Wyandotte and Central streets.
With an estimated economic impact of $15 million, the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference will bring more than 15,000 students, teachers and judges to the City. The Conference is Kansas City’s largest convention scheduled for 2009.
Media inquiries and other requests for more information about these closures should be directed to Dennis Gagnon, public information officer for the Public Works Department, (816) 513-2659.