City of Kansas City
Home Services Residents Business Visitors CityOfficials
I Want To...
City Departments


Emergency Home Repair Program to stop accepting applications Dec. 1

The City of Kansas City, Mo., Property Preservation Division is reminding residents that applications for this cycle of the Emergency Home Repair Program are due Dec. 1. Applications for this reformatted version of the Minor Home Repair Program were accepted starting Aug. 1.

"We set up the August to December application time in anticipation of receiving enough applications to use the funding we have. The public will be notified when applications are available for the next cycle," said Bob Jackson, manager of the Property Preservation Division. This division of the Neighborhood and Community Services Department administers the Emergency Home Repair Program, Home Weatherization Program, Municipal Court Fund Program (referral only) and Paint Program.

Kansas City, Mo., homeowners who are in urgent need of roofing, plumbing, electrical and mechanical work, and who meet program requirements are eligible to apply for the Emergency Home Repair Program. However, program managers caution applicants that the funding for this cycle is likely to cover only the eligible applications that already have been processed.

Eligible applicants are homeowners who own only one property, have not received assistance from this program (the old Minor Home Repair Program) since Sept. 30, 1993, and meet these household income guidelines:

o One person – $23,950

o Two people – $27,350

o Three people – $30,800

o Four people – $34,200

o Five people – $36,960

o Six people – $39,650

o Seven people – $42,400

o Eight people – $45,150.

"Approved applicants receive a single service of urgent need and the repair will be made by a contractor who meets our more clearly defined list of responsibilities. The work provided by this program is 'emergency' in the sense that it is not routine maintenance and will proceed as quickly as possible," Jackson said.

A Community Development Block Grant established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development funds the Emergency Home Repair Program.

Applications for the Emergency Home Repair Program are available at the Property Preservation Division office on the fourth floor of City Hall, 414 E. 12th St., and online at For more information or to have an application mailed to you, call (816) 513-3025.

Media inquiries should be directed to Teresa L. Clark, public information officer for the Neighborhood and Community Services Department, (816) 513-3247.

News Archives

Contact Us |  Sitemap  | Legal Notice  | Privacy ©2013 City of Kansas City, Missouri. All Rights Reserved
  French  German  Italian  Portuguese  Spanish  Russian  Dutch  Greek  Japanese  Korean  Chinese  Taiwanese  Swahili