City of Kansas City
Home Services Residents Business Visitors CityOfficials GoogleKC
I Want To...
City Departments
City Calendar
Frequently Asked Questions

Obtain a police report?
Police reports are available at any local Kansas City Police Department Station. You may follow this link to find a local police department.

My license is suspended or I received notification from the DMV that my license will be suspended.  What do I do?
Information regarding Missouri points assessment and suspended/revoked licenses is available at

Will my parking ticket go on my driving record?
Non-moving violations do not affect your driving record.

How much time do I have to pay my traffic ticket?
You have until the scheduled court date to pay a fine.

If my ticket is payable, can I still plead not guilty and see a judge?
If you wish to dispute the citation, you must appear in court personally on the scheduled date, and enter a "not guilty" plea. Failure to appear in court on your scheduled court date can result in a warrant for your arrest.

My case has gone into warrant status, what do I do?
In order to recall the warrant, you must either plea guilty and pay your fine for a payable violation or post a bond to set a new court date.

Can I pay my ticket to cancel my warrant?
Yes. Once you plea guilty by paying the fine, the warrant will be recalled if it is a payable violation and not a mandatory court appearance.

Can someone else take care of my warrant?
You, personally, must appear in court or pay a fine to recall a warrant. An attorney is the only person that can appear on your behalf in court.

How do I get my bond money back?
In order to receive a bond refund, you must appear in person at the Traffic Violations Bureau at the courthouse on the first floor to file a bond refund voucher.  You must have a state issued identification card, such as, a driver's license to verify your identity.

Can I post bond online?
All bonds must be paid in person at a local Kansas City Police Department Station or the 16th Judicial Circuit Court of Missouri - Kansas City Municipal Division. 

I filled out my bond refund voucher and have not received my refund yet?
After the bond refund voucher has been filed, the refund will be mailed within 7-10 business days.

I missed my court date.  What now?
In order to receive a new court date, you must post the bond amount issued by the judge at the Traffic Violations Bureau at the courthouse or at a local Kansas City Police Department Station.

What if I need an interpreter or disability accommodation for my court date?
If you need disability accommodations for your court date, please call, email or go online to the 3-1-1 Call Center (3-1-1 or 816.513.1313;  TTY 513-1889) at least three business days prior to your court date, and tell the customer service representative what accommodations you will need.

How do I get my driver license reinstated?
Driver’s license reinstatement requirements are available at

Contact Us |  Sitemap  | Legal Notice  | Privacy ©2013 City of Kansas City, Missouri. All Rights Reserved
  French  German  Italian  Portuguese  Spanish  Russian  Dutch  Greek  Japanese  Korean  Chinese  Taiwanese  Swahili