Our goal is to provide superior customer service and create a user-friendly court. In return, the Court expects all visitors to respect the Court and its employees. Here are several things you should know before you visit the Court:
- It is important that visitors understand the appropriate dress code for the Court. The Court is a place of business, and visitors should wear clean, fitted clothes. Shirt and shoes are required. Please take hats off before entering any courtroom. Note: The individual judge sets the dress code for their respective Division
- All pagers and cell phones should be turned off before entering the courtroom.
- It is also important to know that food, drink, and all weapons are strictly prohibited from the building. No alcohol will be allowed on the premises. All weapons will be confiscated and the violator will be appropriately charged. Do not attempt to bring in any prohibited items. The Court will not store prohibited items for pickup. Leave these items at home or in your car.
People entering the court building must pass through a metal detector and may be subject to search. Purses, briefcases and other containers will be required to pass through an X-ray machine and may also be subject to search.
The following are not allowed in the Municipal Court building:
- Weapons of any type or size
- Tools or sharp instruments
- Chemical sprays
- Recording devices
(Security will not hold your items)
Items found on City property will be disposed of.