The Tobacco Use Prevention Program partners with other key community agencies and organizations through the Clean Air KC Coalition. In the community, the program attempts to meet tobacco use prevention and cessation goals in four areas:
- Eliminate exposure to environmental tobacco smoke
- Prevent youth initiation to tobacco
- Promote quitting among youth and adults
- Eliminate health disparities among priority populations.
The Tobacco Use Prevention program works to reduce tobacco use in Kansas City through a three-fold effort to establish:
- A tobacco free environment as a social norm
- Effective tobacco control policies
- Comprehensive tobacco control programs.
Prevention activities in the community are carried out in community work groups. For more information about how to become involved in tobacco use prevention, call 816-513-6211.