|Consular Corp of Greater Kansas City
The Consular Corps of Greater Kansas City is the organization of official representatives of this region for governments of friendly nations.
There are 27 representatives in Kansas City. Mexico and the Republic of China (Taiwan) have diplomats in Kansas City, and the others are honorary consuls, honorary vice counsuls or honorary consuls general.
These representatives work to:
- Foster good relationships between the United States and their represented nations.
- Help Americans who wish to visit their nation and citizens of their nation who live in the United States or are visiting.
- Provide information about the history, government, geography, travel, trade, customs and culture of their respective nations.
A consul is appointed by the head of state and the foreign ministry of a friendly nation. These appointments must be recognized and approved by the U.S. State Department.
Emeritus status denotes a consul officer who has been retired by the nation they represented, but remains active with the Greater Kansas City Consular Corps.
The following are the names and e-mail links of Consular Corps members in Kansas City:
- The Republic of Austria, Honorary Consul General Dennis Owens
- The Kingdom of Belgium, Honorary Consul David L. Barber
- The Republic of Chile, Honorary Consul Robert W. Evans Jr.
- The Republic of Croatia, Honorary Consul Dr. Judith Vogelsang
- The Czech Republic, Honorary Consul Sharon K. Valasek
- The Kingdom of Denmark, Honorary Consul Karen Nielsen
- The Republic of El Salvador, Honorary Consul John H. Fisher
- The French Republic, Honorary Consul Arthur Elman M.D.
- The Federal Republic of Germany, Honorary Consul Willard B. Snyder
- The Republic of Guatemala, Honorary Consul Joseph P. Spalitto, D.D.S.
- The Republic of Iceland, Honorary Consul Vigdis Adalsteinsdottir Taylor
- The Italian Republic, Honorary Vice Consul Gino R. Serra
- The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Honorary Consul General Robert F. Schaeffer
- The United Mexican States, Consul Jacob Prado Gonzalez
- The Kingdom of Morocco, Honorary Consul Harry McLear
- The Republic of China (Taiwan), Honorary Director General Dale Jieh
- The Slovak Republic, Honorary Consul Ross P. Marine, DHL, MHA
- The Republic of Slovenia, Honorary Consul Barbara Kovac Nelson
- The Kingdom of Spain, Honorary Consul Antonio Artigues-Serra
- The Kingdom of Sweden, Honorary Consul Clarence L. Roeder
- The Swiss Confederation, Honorary Consul Marcel Bollier
- The Kingdom of Thailand, Honorary Consul Mary Francis Taylor-Kirkpatrick
- The Republic of Turkey, Honorary Consul Emru Erten
- The United Kingdom Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Honorary Consul J.Scott Brown
- The Republic of Ecuador, Honorary Consul (Emeritus) C. Alberto Herdoiza
- The Republic of Paraguay, Counsul General (Emeritus) Mario Ramos-Reyes
- The Kingdom of Sweden, Honorary Consul (Emeritus) Clarence L. Roeder
- The Kingdom of Thailand, Honorary Consul General (Emeritus) John Latshaw