|5th District Councilman Michael Brooks
City Hall, 22nd floor • 414 E. 12th St. • Kansas City, MO 64106
Phone: 816-513-6521 • Fax: 816-513-1612
Assistant: Tonia Titus • Tonia.Titus@kcmo.org • firstname.lastname@example.org
Councilman Michael E. Brooks is a native of Kansas City, Mo.
Central High School: Kansas City, Mo. Graduate (1980)
Community College of the Air Force:
Certified Inventory Management Specialist, 1984
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, 1989
Midwestern State University: Wichita Falls, Tx.
Major: Psychology, Minor: Political Science 1991-1993
Served United States Air Force (1982-1992), Honorably Discharged in May 1992
- Inventory Management Specialist: 1982-1988, United States Air Force
- Substance Abuse Counselor: 1988-1992, United States Air Force
- Substance Abuse Counselor: 1992-1996, Farabee Mental Health Ctr., Wichita Falls, Tx.
- Substance Abuse Prevention Supervisor: 1996-1998, Department of the Air Force
- Substance Abuse Counselor: 1998-2000, Swope Parkway Health Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist: Jan. - Jun. 2000, Synergy Services, Parkville, Mo.
- Senior Pastor: July 2000 - Present, Zion Grove Baptist Church
Resided in Panama City, Florida: 1982-1984 Resided in Anchorage, Alaska: 1984-1989
Resided in Wichita Falls, Texas: 1989-1998 Relocate to Kansas City, Mo.: 1998-Present
Preaching Ministry History
- Licensed To Preach: New Hope Baptist Church, (Anchorage, Alaska) October 1985
- Ordained Pastor: Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, (Wichita Falls, Texas) October 1994
- Served in the following capacities: 25 Years in ministry
- Associate Minister: New Hope Baptist Church (Anchorage, Alaska) 1985-1988
- Associate Minister: Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church (Wichita Falls, Texas) 1988-1990
- Youth Minister: New Hope Baptist Church (Vernon, Texas) 1990-1993
- Senior Pastor: Macedonia Baptist Church (Altus, Oklahoma) 1994-1998
- Youth Minister: Metropolitan Baptist Church (Kansas City, Mo.) 1999-2000
- President of Concerned Clergy Coalition
- Founder of H.O.P.E. Ministries: Helping Our People Evolve
- Founder: HOPE Academy Charter School
- Executive Board Member (MORE2) Metro Organization for Racial & Economic Equity
- Co-Chair Clergy Caucus (MORE2)
- Board Member Homeless Services Coalition of Greater Kansas City
- Board Member of Footprints Recovery Program
- Former Member Kansas City Health Commission
- Former Member Kansas City Construction Workforce Board
Married to Mable Johnson-Brooks 11 years. Father of three sons, Tyler, Antoine, Michael Brooks II, and one daughter Kendra Johnson.