Commissioner of Revenue
City Hall, Second Floor
414 E. 12th St.
Kansas City, MO 64106
Find Revenue Division services, information and forms from the following categories:
Revenue Division Customer Satisfaction Survey
To help us provide better service, complete our Revenue Division Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Cash Cash is accepted in our offices only (Treasury Department, City Hall, first floor). Please visit the Revenue Division prior to making cash payments.
- Check You can pay by check if you file a paper return or file electronically through one of the City's FREE online filing systems.
- Credit card E-filing your tax return gives you the option of paying with a credit card. You can pay with an American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa credit card.
- Electronic funds transfer The EFT program involves the transfer of funds by electronic means. The transactions are initiated by the taxpayer and then a bank is authorized to debit or credit an account. You can use EFT if you file electronically or by paper.
- In most cases, tax refunds are issued when taxpayers overpay the amount of taxes due. If you believe you have overpaid your taxes, you may file for a refund online or by mail. Be sure to include all income information and any supporting documentation.
- To check the status of a refund, use QuickTax, email Taxpayer Services, or call 816-513-1120.
- File for a refund online (wage earners only) or download a form.